25 January 2013

Ranch Pork Chops

My first recipe contribution! I made these last week and the sauce was delish!

Ranch Pork Chops

1Tbsp Vegetable Oil (or olive oil because that's really all I use)
4 Pork Chops
1 can (10 3/4oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup (Preferably low sodium and low fat if you care about that)
3/4 c Milk
1 envelope Ranch salad dressing mix (I make my own because the store bought kind has a ton of sodium and whatnot so I will post that recipe just below this one.)
Paprika

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook until browned on both sides.
Stir the soup, milk and 1/2 pkg salad dressing mix in skillet and heat to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Sprinkle with paprika.

It says to serve with rice but I served it with potatoes and veggies microwaved with onions, olive oil and spices like Mom does it. It's the best way to do vegetables!

It calls to use only 1/2 the salad dressing mix but I missed that part and used the whole thing and it turned out awesome so I don't think it would matter either way. These were really yummy and I am excited to make them again!


Ranch Dressing Mix

2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper

Combine in bowl carefully. Store in canning jar. Makes enough to equal 1 packet store bought mix.

ENJOY!   -Mal




2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I make one very similar in my crockpot:

    4-6 chops
    6-8 potatoes, chunked
    2 cans Cream of Chicken
    2 pkgs Ranch
    1 cup milk

    You spray the bottom, put the potatoes. Put chops over potatoes. Mix soup, ranch and milk and pour over top. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or High for 4 hours.

    I am going to try this Ranch mix recipe! So Easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Em. Here is an awesome cream of chicken soup recipe too. Much healthier and pretty good.

    1 1/2 c chicken broth (no salt added)
    1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (mrs dash- they don't have salt just herbs in them too)
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp salt or less (I omit it completely)
    1/4 tsp parsley
    dash paprika
    1 1/2 c milk
    3/4 c flour

    boil broth, 1/2 c of the milk and seasonings for a minute or 2.
    In a bowl whisk together remaining milk and flour- add to boiling mixture and continue whisking briskly until mixture boils and thickens.
    Makes about 3 cups or equal to 2 cans

    You can make your own cream of mushroom and other stuff too but I don't-it seems easier to buy that one.

    ReplyDelete