24 January 2013
Welcome back! And Welcome to the Beginning of the End...
The end of being unhealthy and overweight, that is! I have once again re purposed this blog for something new! Originally I was going to change it so we could use it as a place to swap and share recipes that we love or have just tried and really enjoyed. Then Em asked if I would be interested in participating in an 8 week challenge to get a start on being healthy and losing weight. Of course I always enjoy a good challenge, especially one with an opportunity to be creative and use poster board to make charts, so I agreed. So now this blog has become a place to not only share recipes but also to keep track of the challenge and to post motivating ideas and thoughts to help each other succeed. The rules and explanation of the challenge can be found here! I have also added a link to the right that says Get Healthy Challenge. If you click on that it will take you to the challenge. Take a look and if you would like to join us just let Em know or comment on this post and we will get started on Monday! And yes, there will be a cash prize that all participators contribute to, as explained in the rules. There are also 2 polls on the sidebar so please take a moment to look and answer the questions. You have until Sunday night at 7:00 to contribute to the results. I am really excited to get going and to start making some new healthier habits that will hopefully help me to lose a few more pounds! And please remember to share your recipes because I am always looking for something new!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, I am super excited!! Thanks for the update Mal, I like it!
ReplyDeleteI am totally in. I think we must put money in to have incentive. Shall we decide on an amount and then everyone could mail their money to whoever the holder of the money will be? Otherwise, i know us, and the reward might not happen. Will we post our points amount to the blog or is there someone who we should designate as collector? And last, I say the deadline for getting your points amount in is midnight Sunday, what do you think? I am not saying that these things should be someone else's job and not mine, but I don't want to take over if Em and Mal have already planned things. Let me know! I'm excited, I needed some motivation!
ReplyDeleteWe hadn't really decided yet, but I could be the counter since it was my idea!! How much do we want to contribute? Midnight sounds good to me. Just on here, or you could text me and I can post all the totals in one weekly batch.
ReplyDeleteI'm in. Mom. How about $25
ReplyDeleteI am in too. $25 is good for me. Let me know where to send the cash. I guess Em if she's doing the points, which sound fair since this was her big find. And maybe she can understand the point system better than me...I have to read it more carefully. And I guess I need access to a scale? I think I might lose...
ReplyDelete$25 it is then! Don't be too focused on winning, just focus on being healthy!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I found the calendar, now it makes more sense. Ok, I can do this!
ReplyDeleteWould anyone object to asking Inalee to join us? She is friends with Em and I on myfitnesspal and she might enjoy it too. More money for the pot...
ReplyDeleteHey Jen. I'm sure that would be fine! The more the merrier! Just more money for me to win! I also have a suggestion. I was thinking that maybe if you post something on the blog like a motivation thought or tip or recipe, maybe that could count as contacting a team member. Just an idea, let me know what you think.
ReplyDeleteI am good with Inalee. Also, my friend Ashley at work is trying to lose weight and said that she might want to join, if that's cool. Just let me know. Mal - I like the sound of that idea for contact. It seems fair to me!
ReplyDelete$25 is good, doesn't really matter to me who joins, i just like the idea of motivation and some accountability. That works for team contact.
ReplyDelete