I made these last week and it was a big hit, plus it seems pretty healthy too.
Salsa Pork Chops
Pork loin chops (I used 8)
Mushrooms (optional)
Jar of Salsa
Brown pork chops and mushrooms in frying pan or electric skillet. Put them in a baking pan. Pour salsa on top. Cover with tinfoil. Bake at 300 for 45-60 mins. Serve with whatever you want. We had rice. Yum.
I think you could use chicken breasts and do the same thing, but you might want to raise your oven temp to 325 and check if they are done at 40 minutes.
Happy Healthy Eating!
By the way, that was me (Jen) who posted this. I forgot to sign it.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds good. I will have to try it! I recently discovered that I no longer hate mushrooms!! One of those things you don't like as a kid, and it carries into adulthood.
ReplyDeleteI love mushrooms. We put them in pretty much anything we can. Plus, they are a great replacement for meat in recipes. Which you already discovered in your lasagna.
ReplyDeleteI had the same revelatory experience a few years ago with peas. I really like them now.