14 March 2013

5K

To answer your question Dad from Facebook, since when did I take up running in 5K's, I started really running and training a few months ago. And now I can say I am able to comfortably run a full 5 kilometers without stopping! That's about 35 straight minutes. And when I say comfortably I still had to push myself pretty hard the last few minutes. It took a few weeks longer than expected to get here because I hit a few walls but I am pretty proud of myself! And just recently Em and I signed up for the Color Me Rad 5K in July! I'm pretty excited! Now to try for 10K...

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this snow to go away so I can get started on this program! I am really looking forward to it. We just got another 6 inches yesterday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume that's u Mal, way to go! Can't say I love running and it hurts my knees, but sometimes I wish I could just go for a run. No thinking workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya it's me Mandy! I have really come to enjoy running. It's a nice getaway and stress release.

    ReplyDelete