Since this week's double points challenge is exercising I thought I'd write this. Do you listen to music when you exercise? When I use my videos they have music on them so I don't have to worry about it but when I am running I find it a lot easier to do if I am listening to something fast paced that keeps me moving! One of the apps I use while running, the Nike app, allows you to set what's called a power song for that time in your workout when you think you are running out of steam and need a pick me up. My power song is Headstrong by Trapt. To be honest I don't know what the song is about or if it makes any sense overall but I chose it for two reasons. It is fast paced and the words in the chorus really push me to keep going. After I had Brady I had a really hard time accepting the complications that came with my pregnancy. I had to be on medication for my blood pressure for 6 more months, my heart still skips beats and I constantly worried about my health. And to add to that I was pretty unhappy with how much weight I have gained over the past few years. So I decided to finally do something about it. And the words of this song's chorus really spoke to me. It says...
Back off I’ll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong
Headstrong we’re headstrong
Back off I’ll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong
I can’t give everything away
I won’t give everything away
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong
Headstrong we’re headstrong
Back off I’ll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong
I can’t give everything away
I won’t give everything away
I basically relate it to all my issues that resulted from my pregnancy and my weight and tell myself that I am headstrong and will take these things on and push past them and improve. I did get to go off all medications just before Christmas and my blood pressure is finally back to normal, and I am slowly losing weight! My heart beat is still irregular sometimes, but I try not to think about it. So now that my sap story is done the point of this post was to find out if any of you have songs that you like to work out to or a specific power song that has helped to push you along. If so please share! I am always looking for new running music!

Hey Mal. I don't have any song suggestions, but if I come up with any I will let you know! Good for you for making the change in your lifestyle. I hope that you have great success and feel better about things!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to comment about the heart skipping beats. Mine has done that all my life. I can remember it doing it when I was a teenager. My heart still skips beats a lot now. It feels like boom------Bboom. There have been times in the last 10 to 15 years when it would skip every beat or other beat for half an hour to an hour. Really disconcerting! But the doctors have all told me that there's nothing to do for it, and its on the good side of the heart, so you can't die from it. Lots of people have it. Dr. Smith even told me it will probably get more persistent as I get older. C'esrt la vie. Did the doctor tell you what yours was called. Can't remember the name for mine.
ReplyDelete